Practice terms & conditions
What you can expect from us:
Their waiting room is airy and spotless and their reception staff very courteous.
- Bish Dissanayake
- We will listen to you and try to give you an explanation and solution to your needs.
- Your safety is our prime concern and so we follow the latest cross infection guidelines.
- We will provide any treatment at the highest quality, as gently as possible.
- We always try to see patients at the appointed time. If you are kept waiting, there is usually a good reason. Please be patient.
- All patients have the right to request to see a particular dentist. However, appointments can be made with another dental colleague instead, should your requested dentist become unavailable for your appointment.
- Sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances (such as staff sickness or equipment failure) we may have to cancel your appointment. We will try to keep these to an absolute minimum and will do our very best to give you as much notice as possible.
- While we are experienced in all aspects of dental care, in certain cases we may refer patients to other dentists with special skills in certain types of treatment. For example, patients can be referred to a nearby practice for orthodontic (tooth straightening) assessment and treatment, as well as minor oral surgery such as removal of wisdom teeth.
What we ask in return:
- To be fair to all other patients we ask you to attend your appointments promptly. If that is not possible let us know as soon as you can. We appreciate that occasionally it is unavoidable to cancel or miss an appointment, however we do ask that you give us at least 24 hours notice. Under the NHS rules, we cannot charge for missed or cancelled appointments, but if a patient cancels an appointment at short notice or fails to attend on more than one occassion, we reserve the right to remove you from our NHS list and inform the Primary Care Trust that we will no longer provide you with NHS care. All private treatment appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will incur a cancellation charge.
- Please pay your bills as requested on time, as each stage of your treatment is completed. To help you, we accept cash, and most credit and debit cards. Non-payment of any outstanding balance including non attendance fees will result in no further treatment being provided. In the case of our NHS patients it may result in their removal from our patient list. For NHS patients, if you choose to pay for your treatment by credit card then a credit card handling fee may be payable. There is no charge for using debit cards.
- Please keep us informed. Please let us know as soon as possible if you change your address or telephone number so we can keep our records up to date. We may ask you to complete a medical history questionnaire from time to time to assist in our diagnosis and treatment. If your medical history changes - for example if you are diagnosed with an ongoing condition, and/or your medication changes, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Please be polite to our staff. If a patient is abusive or violent to any of our staff, their treatment will be terminated and the police and/or the Primary Care Trust will be informed.
- If you like the service we offer, please tell your friends about us.